Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Holidays are Coming

So, Thanksgiving and Christmas were just around the corner. I wondered just how the Paul would handle that situation. After all, he had been telling me he loved me, how much he wanted to be with me, and how life was too short to waste with people you don't care about (one of Paul's 'life lessons' he learned from his dead horse Calvin). So, if that were true, who would he want to be with during the holidays? After all, if he hated Kelly and couldn't even stand the sight of her the way he claimed and loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, wouldn't he want to spend the holidays with the ones he loved? That was his "Calvin" philosophy.
.

Well, as I knew he was lying about wanting to be with me, I was curious as to how he was going to handle that situation. He did not disappoint.
.
It was the middle of November and I got my usual phone call from him (probably his 10th of the day to me) on his way home (he always called me, I only called him on work related stuff) and we were in the middle of a conversation about the pros and cons of a construction project and he just hung up on me. (He claimed later the connection was lost).
.
And that was it. Suddenly no more phone calls, no text messages at 2am, no more emails. He fell of the face of the earth. (No loss there!!! LOL)
.
Anyway, due to work I had to call him a couple of days later. And I asked him what happened. He hems and haws and finally says that he thinks we MIGHT not get along (WTF???) so he said he was no longer interested in pursuing a relationship with me, but didn't feel the need to tell me. He's an even bigger AH than I thought.
.
OK - so even if the horse squeeze he was telling me were true, what kind of a man does that?
.
I do not hear from him for about 6 weeks - so guess what happens AFTER the holidays? So predictable.

No comments: